CHAT is partnering with Crown College and North Central University to offer PSEO courses at CHAT. These are hybrid classes which meet at CHAT for half of the instruction time, with the remaining instruction online.
Courses being offered for the current school year are:
Fall 2019 Classes:
|College Writing & Research (Crown ENG 1510, 3 cr.)||Thursday, 2:00 - 3:30||212|
|General Psychology (North Central, 3 cr.)||Thursday, 12:30 - 2:00||213|
|Spanish 1 (Crown LAN 245, 3 cr.)||Thursday, 10:30 - 12:00||210|
|Theory & Practice of Entrepreneurship
(Crown BUS 140, 3 cr.)
|Wednesday, 2:00 - 3:30||213|
|World Civilizations (Crown HIS 1510, 3 cr.)||Wednesday, 12:30 - 2:00||210|
Spring 2020 Classes:
|Entrepreneurship (Crown BUS 2400)||Wednesday, 2:00 - 3:30||213|
|Public Communication (Crown COM 1515)||Thursday, 12:30 - 2:00||213|
|Spanish 2 (Crown LAN 246)||Thursday, 10:30 - 12:00||210|
|Topics in US History (Crown HIS 2520)||Wednesday, 12:30 - 2:00||210|
|Introduction to Literary Analysis (Crown ENG 1512)||Thursday, 2:00 - 3:30||212|
Requirements for Registration with Crown College:
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.0 GPA
- Fill out the short online Admissions Application.
- Fill out the State of MN (MDE) PSEO form and mail to Crown (see downloads box above).
- Mail a SIGNED transcript to Crown.
- Wait to hear from Crown for acceptance. (Once they receive everything from you, it should take 1-2 weeks.)
- After acceptance, register online on Crown's website for classes.
Requirements for Registration with North Central University:
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.25 GPA
- Fill out the online Admissions Application.
- Fill out the State of MN (MDE) PSEO form and mail to North Central University (see downloads box).
- Mail a SIGNED transcript to North Central.
- Send the following link to the person you are choosing as your character reference and have them fill out the Character Recommendation Form at: https://www.northcentral.edu/admissions/character-recommendation-form/
- Forward your ACT, Pre-ACT, PSAT, or SAT scores.
- Wait to hear from North Central for acceptance.
- After acceptance, register for the PSEO class with CHAT. CHAT will notify NCU of your enrollment.
When to Apply:
Crown: Students may apply to Crown for PSEO classes all up to August 1 for the fall, and November 15th for the spring, but keep in mind that there is about a 2-week turn-around for the application process, followed by registering for classes. To have the best chance at getting into your desired classes, apply as early as possible. We recommend applying to Crown by June 1.
North Central: The deadline for satellite
classes is August 1 (even though the regular PSEO deadline is June 1). We
recommend applying to Crown by June 1. Apply by
December 1 for the Spring Semester.
We recommend applying to Crown by June 1. Apply by December 1 for the Spring Semester.
Registration with CHAT
(following acceptance and class registration
through Crown or North Central):
- Family Registration form (see downloads box above or the Registration tab of the CHAT website)
- CHAT PSEO Registration form (see downloads box above or the Registration tab of the CHAT website)
- Medical/Legal form (see downloads box above or the Registration tab of the CHAT website)
- $30 facility fee (per semester non-refundable)
- $5 processing fee per credit (per semester non-refundable)
- $10 registration fee (non-refundable - waived for families enrolled in CHAT classes)
- $10 per class late fee (for registrations postmarked in August (fall semester) or after December 15 (spring semester)
All forms and fees for the fall must be postmarked by July 31st or December 15th. After that date there will be an additional $10 late fee per class. Students will not be allowed to attend class until all form and fees are paid.