CHAT is partnering with Crown College to offer PSEO courses at CHAT. These are hybrid classes which meet at CHAT for half of the instruction time, with the remaining instruction online.
Courses being offered for the current school year are:
Fall 2016 Classes:
|College Writing & Research (ENG 1510)||Thursday, 2:00 - 3:30||M211|
|Foundations of Biology (SCI 1531)||Wednesday, 12:30 - 2:00||CA203|
|General Psychology (PSY 130)||Thursday, 12:30 - 2:00||M213|
|Art Appreciation (FAR 1560)||Wednesday, 10:30 - noon||M213|
Spring 2017 Classes:
|Topics in US HIstory (HIS 2520)||Wednesday, 9:00-10:30||213|
|Math Survey (MAT 130)||Wednesday, 10:30-12:00||CA210|
|Public Communication (COM 1515)||Thursday, 10:30 - 12:00||CA207|
|Health and Wellness for Life (PED 1515)||Online offering only|
|Introduction to Literary Analysis (ENG 1512)||Thursday, 2:00 - 3:30||211|
Additional Crown PSEO Classes:
The following classes are available through Crown College's online platform.
- Sociology (SOC 230)
- Concepts of Personal Finance (BUS 130)
- Topics in US History (HIS 2520)
Requirements for Registration with Crown College:
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.25 GPA (If GPA is lower than 3.25, you may submit a petition to Crown to review.)
- Fill out the short online Admissions Application.
- Fill out the PSEO Waiver form and mail to Crown (see downloads box above).
- Fill out the State of MN (MDE) PSEO form and mail to Crown (see downloads box above).
- Mail a SIGNED transcript to Crown.
- Wait to hear from Crown for acceptance. (Once they receive everything from you, it should take 1-2 weeks.)
- After acceptance, register online on Crown's website for classes.
When to Apply:
Students may apply to Crown for PSEO classes all the way in to August, but keep in mind that there is about a 2-week turn-around for the application process, followed by registering for classes. To have the best chance at getting into your desired classes, apply as early as possible. We recommend applying to Crown by June 1.
Registration with CHAT
(following acceptance and class registration
- Family Registration form (see downloads box above or the Registration tab of the CHAT website)
- CHAT PSEO Registration form (see downloads box above or the Registration tab of the CHAT website)
- Medical/Legal form (see downloads box above or the Registration tab of the CHAT website)
- $45 facility fee (per semester non-refundable)
- $10 registration fee (per semester, non-refundable - waived for families enrolled in CHAT classes)
- $20 late fee (for registrations postmarked in August or January)
All forms and fees must be postmarked by July 31st or December 31st . After that date there will be an additional $20 late fee. Students will not be allowed to attend class until all form and fees are turned in.
Get on our PSEO Email List:
If you would like to be on our email list for PSEO information, please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e44acaf2ca57-pseo. Instructions are provided.