CHAT is partnering with Crown College and North Central University to offer PSEO courses at CHAT. These are hybrid classes which meet at CHAT for half of the instruction time, with the remaining instruction online.
Courses being offered for the current school year are:
Fall 2021 Classes:
|General Psychology (North Central, PSYC 125, 3 cr.) With Prof. Tom Berscheid||Thursday, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||TBD|
|World Civilizations (Crown HIS 1510, 3 cr.) with Course Assistant Sarah Nelson||Thursday, 9:00 - 10:30||TBD|
|College Algebra (Crown MAT 131, 3 cr.) with Professor Esther Williamson||Thursday, 10:30 - noon||TBD|
Spring 2022 Classes:
|Rheteoric and Research (North Central ENG 124, 3 cr.) with Professor Ryan Thornton||Thursday, 9:00 - 10:30||TBD|
|Public Communication (Crown COM 1515, 3 cr.) with Course Assistant Sonja Hettinga||Thursday, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||TBD|
Registration Requirements - Crown College
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.0 GPA
- Fill out the short online Admissions Application.
- Have your parent complete and sign the Crown PSEO Waiver form and the MDE Notice of Student Registration. (These forms are available in the downloads box above.) These forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail a SIGNED transcript to Crown.
- Wait to hear from Crown for acceptance. (Once they receive everything from you, it should take 1-2 weeks.)
- After acceptance, register online on Crown's website for classes.
Important Crown Dates:
- Classes start online on August 23rd (No face-to-face sessions this week.)
- Face-to-face sessions begin week of September 6th.
- Last date to drop class without “W” grade September 1st.
- Last day to withdraw from a full semester class October 28th.
- Thanksgiving break November 22nd to November 28th. (No face-to-face or online classes.)
- Finals week December 13-17.
- Classes start online January 10 (No face-to-face sessions this week.)
- Face-to-face sessions begin week of January 17th.
- Last date to drop class without “W” grade January 14th.
- Spring break March 7-13. (No face-to-face or online classes.)
- Last day to withdraw from a full semester class March 24th
- Easter break April 11-17. (No face-to-face or online classes.)
- Finals week May 9-13.
Registration Requirements - NCU
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.25 GPA
- Fill out the online Admissions Application.
- Mail a SIGNED transcript to North Central.
- Send the following link to the person you are choosing as your character reference and have them fill out the Character Recommendation Form at: https://www.northcentral.edu/admissions/character-recommendation-form/
- Forward your results from either the ACT or the SAT. An ACT score
of 18 or above or an SAT total score of 850 or above is required for
regular admission (the written portion isn’t required). If
your test scores are a little low you can still be considered for
admission on a provisional status. Contact an admissions counselor
if that's you.
*Test Score Optional for Fall 2021 PSEO Applicants: To assist students whose test dates were cancelled due to COVID-19, here is the test optional policy:
Students who have a homeschool transcript are required to submit an academic essay, any Pre-ACT or PSAT standardized test scores, or the CLT test score (Currently being proctored virtually) Talk to an admissions counselor to learn more.
For the essay requirements, students must submit the following:
- Submit an Academic Essay answering the following question: What do you feel is your greatest academic accomplishment and how will this achievement launch you into a successful academic career at NCU?
- The essay should be at least one page, double spaced, and no longer than three pages.
- The student must write the paper on their own and it should not be edited by anyone other than the student. The purpose of this essay is to consider the student's academic ability through writing and we ask that parents, guardians, siblings, teachers, tutors, or any other person to not edit the essay on behalf of the student.
- Essays can be emailed directly to the
- Fill out the State of MN (MDE) PSEO form and mail to North Central University (see downloads box).
- Wait to hear from North Central for acceptance. They may ask you to come in for an interview. When they contact you, tell them that you are enrolling in a class at CHAT.
- After acceptance, register for the PSEO class with CHAT. CHAT will notify NCU of your enrollment. You do NOT register for this class through North Central. (This is different than the Crown process.)
Important NCU Dates:
- Orientation on NCU Campus: August 12
- Start of classes (online portion): August 25
- First meeting in person for class at CHAT: TBD
- Fall Break: October 14-15
- Thanksgiving Break: November 24-26
- Final Exams: December 8-10
- Start of Classes: January 12
- Spring Break: February 28 -March 4
- Final Exams: April 27-29
When to Apply:
Crown: Students may apply to Crown for PSEO classes all up to August 1 for the fall, and November 15th for the spring, but keep in mind that there is about a 2-week turn-around for the application process, followed by registering for classes. To have the best chance at getting into your desired classes, apply as early as possible. We recommend applying to Crown by June 1.
North Central: The deadline for satellite
classes is August 1 (even though the regular PSEO deadline is June 1). We
recommend applying to North Central by June 1. Apply by
December 1 for the Spring Semester. Registration starts on November 8
We recommend applying to North Central by June 1. Apply by December 1 for the Spring Semester. Registration starts on November 8 for PSEO.
Registration with CHAT
(following acceptance and class registration
through Crown or North Central):
- Register online (under the Registration tab above)
- $30 facility fee (per semester non-refundable)
- $5 processing fee per credit (per semester non-refundable)
- $10 registration fee (non-refundable - waived for families enrolled in CHAT classes)
Students will not be allowed to attend class until all forms are complete and fees are paid.